At least 13 were killed and nearly 18 others were injured following a suicide attack in Rawalpindi city of Pakistan on Monday morning.
According to the Pakistani police officials, the incident took place near a military headquarters after a suicide bomber detonated his explosives, leaving at least 13 people dead.
A local police official Sardar Zulfiqar confirmed it was a suicide bombing and that some security personnel were believed to be among the dead.
The injured were being taken to nearby hospitals and most of them were said to be in a serious condition.
In the meantime, a local police officer Haroon Joiya said, a retired officer and five soldiers were among those killed 18 others were injured following the explosion.
Monday’s blast takes a day after an attack on a convoy of security forces near the Cantt area in Bannu district, which killed 22 people and injured 30.
The Taliban militants group in Pakistan – Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) claimed responsibility behind Sunday’s attack and said such attacks would continue on Pakistani security forces.
A TTP spokesman, Shahidullah Shahid said the attack had been carried out to avenge the death of Waliur Rehman, the group’s former second in command, who was killed last year in a U.S. drone strike.



