Deadly blast kill 17 civilians in Farah province
By Sajad - Fri Nov 16, 7:15 pm
At least 17 Afghan civilians were killed following a deadly blast in western Afghanistan on Friday. The victims of the incidnet are ordinary Afghan civilians who were on their way to attend a wedding party.
Farah provincial governor Abdul Rahman Zhwandai said the incident took place after a civilian mini bus struck with a roadside bomb on Friday.
In the meantime provincial security chief said at least 17 civilians including Afghan women and children were killed and around 14 others were injured.
He accused the Taliban group for the incident however Taliban officials have not commented regarding the incident so far.
Taliban militants and other insurgents groups frequently use improvised explosive device to target Afghan and coalition security forces which normally leads civilians casualties.
According to UN estimation at least 1145 Afghan civilians were killed during the first six months of 2012 in Afghanistan. The deaths include 30% women and insurgents are responsible for around 80% of the civilians deaths.
UN in its report accused the militants group and said majority of the civilians casualties were as a result of roadside bomb blasts.
This comes as 6 members of an Afghan family were killed following a roadside bomb blast in eastern Khost province of during the beginning of last week. The incident took place while the family was returning from the hospital along with their new born baby.