At least six militants were killed or wounded in the latest US drone strike in eastern Nangarhar province of Afghanistan, the Afghan military officials said Wednesday.

The airstrike was carried out in the vicinity of Khogyani district targeting a vehicle carrying the anti-government armed militants.

The 201st Silab Corps officials in the East said a vehicle carrying armed militants was targeted in the vicinity of Dandu Nokar Khel area, leaving three militants dead.

The officials further added that three other militants were also wounded in the airstrike and the vehicle was totally destroyed.

The anti-government armed militant groups including the Taliban and ISIS insurgents have not commented regarding the report so far.

This comes as the counter-terrorism operations are underway in different parts of Nangarhar province both the by the Afghan and US forces to counter the terror groups who are attempting to expand foothold in this province.

The Silab Corps officials said Tuesday that 23 militants belonging to the Taliban and ISIS insurgents were killed in separate drone strikes in this province.

Author


  • The Khaama Press News Agency is the leading and largest English news service for Afghanistan with over 3 million hits a month. Independent authors/columnists and experts are welcome to contribute stories, opinions and editorials. Send stories to [email protected]