At least two people were killed in an attack by unknown gunmen in the city of Herat on Monday morning local officials told media.
Herat governor, Waheed Qatali said that unidentified gunmen opened fire on an NDS vehicle belonging to the department’s provincial deputy head in the Sayed Mukhtar area in the Northern part of the city.
A driver and a security guard were murdered according to the officials, the occurred when the NDS official was not in his vehicle.
The vehicle and some weapons were stolen by the unknown men, reports indicated.
Local officials not commented on the incident and no group or individual so far claimed responsibility for the murders.
This comes as a large drug production factory of the Taliban was destroyed by the Afghan forces in Nangarhar province.
According to Defense Ministry’s statement on Sunday, the Afghan national security and defense forces conducted a clearance operation in the region.
ANDSF implemented the operation in the Toto village of Shirzad district, Taliban were pushed back and the village was cleared of their existence, the statement said.
The statement added at least 150 Taliban fighters were killed, and 120 IEDs were discovered and defused during the operation.
Defense forces during the raid destroyed as many as 1000 sacks of Hashish.
So far Taliban has not commented on the government’s operation in Nangarhar province.