The latest alert followed a day after the US Embassy warned regarding a possible suicide and coordinated attack or kidnapping in the 10th police district of the city.
“An attempted kidnapping occurred in Kabul on May 2, 2016 targeting several expatriates including a U.S. citizen. The U. S. Embassy Kabul reminds U.S. citizens that the threat of kidnapping and hostage taking continues to be very high,” an online statement by US Embassy said.
The statement further added “There are no further details regarding the targets, timing, or method of any planned kidnappings.”
“The U.S. Embassy continues to take this threat seriously and advises U.S. citizens to take appropriate security precautions and to avoid predictable travel patterns within Afghanistan,” the statement said.
This comes as the anti-government armed militant groups have been attempting to carry out attacks in capital Kabul during the recent weeks which comes after the Taliban group announced its spring offensive.
Earlier, an Australian citizen serving as an aid worker was kidnapped by unknown gunmen from Jalalabad city, the provincial capital of eastern Nangarhar province.
No group including the Taliban militants has so far claimed responsibility behind the kidnapping of the aid worker.