Taliban suffer casualties as new joint operations kick off in Nangarhrar
By Khaama Press - Sat May 12 2018, 4:44 pm
The provincial government media office said the operations are being conducted in the vicinity of the restive Bati Kot district and as a result at least twelve have been killed or wounded so far during the operations in the past twenty four hours.
The governor’s office in Nangarhar in a statement said at least five militants have been killed so far and at least seven others have sustained injuries.
The statement further added that security forces from the army, border police, national police, national intelligence directorate, and public uprising forces have taken part in the operations.
According to the governor’s office, the Afghan armed forces also provide indirect artillery support along with the foreign forces who are providing close air support during the operations.
The Afghan forces have also discovered and defused an improvised explosive device during the operations, the statement added.
In the meantime, the local officials are saying that at least three Taliban militants were killed during a separate clash in Momandara district after they attempted to attack the security posts.