November 21, 2018
Advertisement

Taliban says the group has no links with last evening’s attack in Kabul city

By Khaama Press - Thu Sep 06 2018, 9:11 am

The Taliban militants group in Afghanistan has rejected involvement in last evening’s coordinated attack in Kabul city that left scores of people dead or wounded.

Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid in a statement said the group has no links with the recent attack in Kabul city, claiming that Taliban strongly condemns attack on ordinary civilians.

The security officials and the Ministry of Public Health say the death toll from the back to back explosions in Dasht Barchi area has reached to at least 21 people.

The first explosion took place at around 6pm local time after a suicide bomber detonated his explosives inside a wrestling club.

The second blast took place almost 40 minutes after people had gathered in the area to help the victims.

The officials are saying that the two back to back explosions have also left more than 70 people wounded

No individual or group has so far claimed responsibility behind the incident but the loyalists of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria Khurasan have in the past claimed such attacks, particularly in West of Kabul city.

Follow The Khaama Press News Agency on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook. Stay updated via RSS

Leave a Reply

Advertisement
Tags: