As tens of thousands of Afghans claiming to be eligible for evacuation still await flights from Kabul, the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan said that no evacuation operation will be allowed until the livelihoods of Afghan refugees get better.
Speaking in a press conference in Kabul on Sunday, February 27, 2022, spokesman of the IEA Zabiullah Mujahid said that the living situation of those who left Afghanistan in the past six months must be assured first so that they allow further vacation because they are responsible for the lives of Afghans.
Zabiullah Mujahid said that are fully aware of the very bad situation of the Afghanis who are still in camps in Abu Dhabi or without camps in Turkey.
This comes nearly a month after thousands of Afghan evacuees in Abu Dhabi protested and complained about their destiny is unclear as they have been living in the camps for more than six months.
After the Taliban takeover on August 15 last year, about two hundred thousand people have been estimated to have left Afghanistan to seek refuge in Europe or America.
Earlier the IEA had agreed on two flights in a week with Qatar Airlines.