In front of a Taliban flag, Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid speaks at at his first news conference, in Kabul, Afghanistan, Tuesday, Aug. 17, 2021. For years, Mujahid had been a shadowy figure issuing statements on behalf of the militants. Mujahid vowed Tuesday to respect women’s rights, forgive those who resisted them and ensure a secure Afghanistan as part of a publicity blitz aimed at convincing world powers and a fearful population that they have changed. (AP Photo/Rahmat Gul)

Deputy Minister of information and culture and spokesperson of the Taliban Zabiullah Mujahid has denied the recent report of human rights watchdog and said that they have not violated human rights.

Zabiullah Mujahid said that their fighters have not committed any kind of war crimes in Panjshir province and added that the organization will be given full access to go to the scene and investigate the allegations.

The spokesperson in a statement said that the human rights watchdog should not be scapegoated to false and fabricated information of the enemy and added to act impartially.

Earlier, BBC had reported that up to 20 civilians have been killed by the Taliban in parts of Panjshir province where the Taliban and the resistance front are still busy fightings.

Author


  • Najibullah Lalzoy is a journalist and editor at Khaama Press. He has a BA degree in journalism.