Ministry of Defense in a published statement on Tuesday said, at least 52 Taliban fighters were killed in Balkh, Kandahar, and Kunduz provinces.
Taliban fighters planned to attack ANDSF outposts in Khan Abad, Timurk, and Mesgaran villages of Chahar Bolak district of Balkh province, Arghandab and Dand districts of Kandahar province and in Bakhmal Kocha area of Imam Sahib district in Kunduz province, MoD reported.
According to the statement, Afghan national defense and security forces rebuffed the planned Taliban attack by killing 15 of the group’s affiliated members in Balkh, 25 in Kandahar, and 12 others in Kunduz province.
MoD said in the statement, that more than 20 Taliban were wounded in Balkh, three in Kandahar and six others in Kunduz province
During the Afghan security force’s reciprocal attacks some of the weapons and ammunition belonging to the Taliban were seized and three of the group’s strongholds were totally wrecked.
Meanwhile, ANA 205th Corps in Kandahar stated that seven planted mines in the Dand and Maiwand districts of Kandahar were discovered and defused.
The bombs were placed with an intention to hurt civilians and soldiers, the corps’ engineering team defused the bomb before it could inflict injuries to the public, MoD stated.
So far, Taliban has not commented on this matter.