gen-azimiAfghan defense officials on Monday announced that Afghan national security forces casualties have increased dramatically after taking over combat lead from the NATO-led coalition security forces.

Defense Ministry spokesman Gen. Zahir Azimi confirmed that Afghan security forces casualties have increased as compared to last year.

Gen. Zahir Azimi further added that Taliban militants are prove that Afghan security forces are not capable of taking security responsibilities by increasing their insurgency activities.

He said, “Taliban militants are using their ultimate efforts to put pressure on Afghan security forces and take control of certain regions. They carried out coordinated attacks in capital Kabul besides several attacks of the Taliban group was foiled.”

Gen. Zahir Azimi did not provide further details regarding the number of Afghan security forces casualties, however he said that Taliban militants do not have the capabilities to confront Afghan security forces.

In the meantime ISAF spokesman Gen. Heinz Feldmann said that Afghan security forces are capable to respond to militants threats despite the enemies of Afghanistan attempted to create issues for Afghan and coalition security forces.