According to local security officials in eastern Logar province of Afghanistan, a convoy of the NATO troops was attacked by a suicide bomber in this province on Wednesday.

Provincial security chief Raees Khan Sadiq Abdul Rahimzai confirming the report said the incident took place after a suicide bomber detonated a car packed with explosives near the convoy of the NATO troops.

He said the incident took place on Wednesday afternoon at Honi Syedan area at Pul-e-Alam district.

Mr. Abdul Rahimzaid further added Afghan security forces and civilians were not hurt following the blast however he said there are no reports regarding NATO troops.

No group including the Taliban militants have so far claimed responsibility behind the incident.

Author