BpbyzWuIMAAnff1At least six people were killed and twenty two others were injured following twin blasts which struck Dr. Abdullah Abdullah’s convoy in capital Kabul on Friday afternoon.

Abdullah’s campaign team confirmed the incident and said two blasts took place in Kote Sangi area of Kabul city near Ariana Hotel.

The nature of the explosions is not clear so far and Abdullah’s campaign team earlier said a suicide bomber targeted the convoy which was followed by a roadside blast.

Sediq Sediq, spokesman for the interior ministry of Afghanistan said the incident took place after a suicide bomber detonated a  vehicle packed with explosives while Dr. Abdullah was leaving the hotel after attending a gathering.

Interior ministry following a statement said at least six people were killed and twenty two others were injured following the blast.

Abdullah appeared in a press conference after the incident and said a number of his guards were injured after their vehicle struck with improvised explosive device.

He said Zalmai Rassoul was also accompanying him while they were on their way to attend another another gathering.

Deputy interior minister for security, Gen. Ayub Salangi earlier said at least four people including two civilians, a traffic police and a security guard of Abdullah Abdullah were killed and seventeen others were injured.

No group including the Taliban militants has so far claimed responsibility behind the attack.

Author


  • Ahmad Shah Ghani Zada is the former Senior Editor of Khaama Press Agency who managed and overlooked the English edition. He is occasionally contributing stories to the agency.