The Afghan Intelligence Chief Masoom Stanikzai has said the probe findings into the deadly Kandahar and Helmand incidents would be shared with the people in the near future.
Speaking during a session of the parliament on Saturday, the National Directorate of Security (NDS) Chief Masoom Stanikzai, said the investigations are still being conducted.
Stanikzai further added that their findings indicate that the regional intelligence circles were involved in the deadly incidents in Helmand and Kandhaar.
Without disclosing further information, Stanikzai said a final report regarding the investigations would be shared with the people in the near future.
In the meantime, Stanikzai said at least 22 people have been arrested in connection to the attack in southern Kandahar province that led to the killing of Gen. Abdul Raziq.
Gen. Abdul Raziq was killed in an attack by a gunman who had infiltrated among the security guards of Kandahar governor Zalmay Weesa.
The intelligence chief of Kandahar Gen. Abdul Momina Hussain Khel was also killed in the attack which was carried out 17 days ago.
A parliamentary candidate Abdul Jabar Qahraman was killed a day earlier in an explosion inside his electoral office in Lashkargah city.