According to reports Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) decided to stick with the ban imposed on the Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan despite the owner of the Kolkata Knight Riders’ will have a match during IPL 6.
“There is a clause in the agreement we are to sign with Mumbai Indians tomorrow that any person who has been debarred by the association cannot enter our premises. It’s not specific to any single person,” MCA Joint Secretary Nitin Dalal told PTI on Sunday.
“We had informed everyone concerned, including IPL authorities and team owners, about the ban after the decision had been taken,” Dalal added.
Shah Rukh Khan will have to watch his team’s IPL 6 match against Mumbai Indians at Wankhede Stadium not at the venue but on TV. He was banned from Wankhede Stadium for a brawl during KKR’s match last year during IPL 5 after he got into a scuffle with security personnel.
SRK also threatened an MCA official following which the cricket association decided to impose a five-year ban.
Khan, however, denied he had misbehaved and maintained he reacted only after children, including his kids, were “manhandled” by the security staff at the stadium.
However, IPL Chairman Rajiv Shukla, had said soon after the MCA decision was announced that a final call on Khan’s ban will be taken by the BCCI.