The 209th Shaheen Corps of the Afghan Military in the North has confirmed the casualties of the Afghan armed forces in an overnight attack by the Taliban militants in northern Faryabn province.

The Shaheen Corps in a statement confirmed that the Taliban insurgents launched a coordinated attack on Gulzar and Gulzar-1 check posts in Sherin Tagab district late on Wednesday night.

The source further added that the Afghan forces responded to the Taliban attack but three soldiers lost their lives during the clash and at least five others were wounded.

According to Shaheen, at least three M16 rifles and a check post have fallen into the hands of the Taliban insurgents.

In the meantime, the Shaheen Corps says at least five Taliban insurgents were also killed and seven others were wounded during the clashes.

The Shaheen Corps says additional forces have been deployed in the area to suppress the Taliban insurgents.

On the other hand, reports emerging from the area suggest that 12 Afghan soldiers have lost their lives during the clash and a number of others have sustained injuries.

The anti-government armed militant groups including Taliban militants have not commented regarding the report so far.

Author

  • Khaama Press

    The Khaama Press News Agency is the leading and largest English news service for Afghanistan with over 3 million hits a month. Independent authors/columnists and experts are welcomed to contribute stories, opinions and editorials. Send stories to news@khaama.com.