The Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has said the United States is committed to peace and stability in Afghanistan after mosque bombing killed at least 69 in Nangarhar.
He made the remarks following the deadly bombing which targeted a mosque in Nangarhar which left at least 69 people dead.
“The United States remains committed to peace and stability in Afghanistan, and will continue to fight against terrorism,” Pompeo said in a statement.
He also added “We stand by the people of Afghanistan who only want peace and a future free from these abhorrent acts of violence.”
The explosions inside the mosque took place during Friday prayers in Haska Mina district of Nangarhar province.
The officials had earlier said the blasts killed at least 62 people and wounded at least 50 others.
No group including the Taliban militants has so far claimed responsibility for the deadly bombing.
Both Taliban and ISIS Khurasan militants are active in some districts of Nangarhar where they often attempt to carry out terrorist related activities.