Sunday, March 3, 2024

Peace talks with Taliban has no links with Afghan-US security deal

Immigration News

Ahmad Shah Ghanizada
Ahmad Shah Ghanizadahttps://www.khaama.com
Ahmadshah Ghanizada is the deputy editor in chief for The Khaama Press Agency who manages and overlooks the English edition.

Afghan president Hamid Karzai's Chief ofThe Afghan interior minister Omar Daudzai has said Afghan peace talks with the militant groups has no links with the bilateral security agreement between Kabul and Washington.

Daudzai in a twitter message said the government of Afghanistan will continue to its efforts in holding peace talks with the militant groups, even if the security agreement between Kabul and Washington was not signed.

Daudzai following the militants attack on Lebanese restaurant in capital Kabul, said the latest attack shows that the enemies of Afghanistan will not leave the Afghan people to live in peace, and the militants will continue to their violence, whether the security agreement with Washington is signed or not.

He also added that the militant groups will not sit-in for peace talks, if the Afghan government does not sign the bilateral security agreement with Washington.

The remarks by Daudzai comes as the deadlock on Afghan-US security deal remains unresolved, and president Hamid Karzai insists on practical steps towards Afghan peace talks, as one of his main conditions to sign the security deal with Washington.

The draft security agreement between Kabul and Washington was approved by majority during the consultative Loya Jirga which was organized in November last year.

However, president Hamid Karzai refused to sign the security agreement and insisted for immediate halt to US raids on Afghan homes and practical steps to resume peace talks with the militant groups, as his main conditions for the signing of the security deal.

On the other hand, the Taliban militants group in Afghanistan has continuously rejected to sit-in for peace talks and called for immediate withdrawal of all foreign forces from Afghanistan.

The Taliban group spokesman in reaction to Washington’s recent call to put down arms and begin peace talks, said that the Taliban group strongly reject the American demand and emphasized that “the American invasion and its resultant barbarity” was the Taliban’s reason for continuing the fight.

- Advertisement -

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
Captcha verification failed!
CAPTCHA user score failed. Please contact us!

- Advertisement -

The World News