The list will be provided by Pakistan to the Afghan government and will also include a list of the Taliban groups who are not keen to sit-in for the peace talks.
Javid Faisal, deputy spokesman for Chief Executive Abdullah Abdullah, told Associated Press that Pakistan’s list will include Taliban who do and do not want talks with Kabul on ending the 15-year war.
He said Pakistan had agreed to cut off financial support to Taliban fighters based in Pakistani cities, including Quetta and Peshawar.
Faisal further added that insurgents based in Pakistan would not be allowed to resettle in Afghanistan, he added.
This comes as the first quadrilateral meeting between the representatives of China, United States, Pakistan and Afghanistan will kick off in Islamabad on Monday to discuss the Afghan reconciliation process.
The Afghan and Pakistani leaders agreed to revive the stalled Afghan peace talks during a meeting on the sidelines of the Heart of Asia conference in Islamabad last year.
Pakistan hosted the first round of direct peace talks between the Afghan government and Taliban group earlier in July last year.
The Afghan officials were expecting to sit-in for the second round of peace talks with the Taliban group representatives in Pakistan at the end of the same month.
However, the process was delayed with the sudden disclosure of the Taliban supreme leader Mullah Mohammad Omar’s death shortly before the second round of talks.
Mullah Omar’s death confirmation led to widening rift among the Taliban leadership which resulted to suspension of peace talks.
A series of deadly attacks also rocked capital Kabul earlier which left scores of people dead or wounded and resulted into deteriorating relations between Kabul and Islamabad.