The National Security Council of Afghanistan and the Afghan Intelligence or National Directorate of Security dismissed the allegations by Ata Mohammad Noor as baseless.

The Office of the National Security Council (NSC) in a statement said it rejects the allegations against the Office of the National Security Council as alleged during a gathering in Mazar-e-Sharif city on Tuesday.

The statement further added that the NSC office has no guesthouse in the mentioned address and the information provided are baseless.

The Afghan Intelligence, National Directorate of Security (NDS), had earlier also rejected the allegations by the chief executive of Jamiat-e-Islami.

The statement by NDS states that the guesthouse mentioned during gathering belongs to the new governor of Balkh province and that the VIP protection unit has the security responsibility of the compound.

The statement further added that the intelligence has no links or work with the guesthouse of Engineer Daud.

This comes as Noor claimed Tuesday that certain circles belonging to the government intelligence are attempting to spark chaos and destabilize Balkh province.

Speaking during a gathering and among his supporters in Balkh province, Noor said some circles belonging to the intelligence department have started to distribute weapons among the people.

Noor did not provide further information regarding his new claims but added that the government is attempting to destabilize the Balkh province.

Author

  • Khaama Press

    The Khaama Press News Agency is the leading and largest English news service for Afghanistan with over 3 million hits a month. Independent authors/columnists and experts are welcomed to contribute stories, opinions and editorials. Send stories to news@khaama.com.