Sunday, June 23, 2024
Advertisement

Nearly 1,000 bodies, including dozens of Afghans, discovered in Iran

Immigration News

Fidel Rahmati
Fidel Rahmatihttps://www.khaama.com
Fidai Rahmati is the editor and content writer for Khaama Press. You may follow him at Twitter @FidelRahmati

According to the report, citing a police official, at least 942 unidentified bodies were found in Iran in 2023.

The Iranian newspaper Etemad, citing its sources, said that among these, 83 unidentified bodies belonged to Afghan citizens.

It was mentioned that 40% of the unidentified bodies are not claimed by families due to poverty, while 10% are without relatives, and another 15% are individuals who have been rejected by their families, with no one coming to claim their bodies.

Morteza Nesari, Deputy Chief of the Tehran Criminal Investigation Police, stated that 64% of these bodies were men, and the remaining 36% were women.

This Iranian police official did not comment on the exact number of unidentified bodies in previous years, but he confirmed that the statistics were around a thousand bodies in the years 2022 and 2021.

Although no further details were provided regarding the unidentified Afghan bodies in this report, the Iranian police’s definition of unidentified bodies includes those who die in traffic accidents and whose bodies are unrecognizable or who are mutilated, addicts, mentally ill, and homeless individuals who die on the streets with no one to claim their bodies.

This comes amid forced deportation has significantly worsened the dire situation of Afghan refugees in Iran. Many of these refugees, already facing extreme poverty, now live in constant fear of being sent back to Afghanistan, where they face persecution and violence.

The dire living conditions of Afghan refugees in Iran are exacerbated by limited access to basic necessities such as food, clean water, and medical care. This lack of resources has led to increased suffering and a desperate situation for many refugee families.

Security threats in Afghanistan continue to rise, with many Afghan refugees fearing for their lives if deported back. The unstable political situation and ongoing violence make it unsafe for many to return, leaving them in a state of uncertainty and danger.

- Advertisement -

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
Captcha verification failed!
CAPTCHA user score failed. Please contact us!

- Advertisement -

The World News