Afghan Intelligence Department — National Directorate of Security (NDS) on Tuesday said the suicide bomber that killed two coalition forces and four Afghan soldiers was not a member of the Afghan intelligence.

This comes as earlier reports suggested that a member of the Afghan intelligence carried out the suicide bomb attack in southern Kandahar province of Afghanistan.

Shafiqullah Tahiri spokesman for the Afghan intelligence — National Directorate of Security (NDS) said the suicide bombing was carried out by an individual who had disguised himself in Afghan intelligecen forces uniform.

Mr. Tahiri further added the incident is under the investigation and there is not exact report in this regard.

He denied the involvement of Afghan intelligence officers in such attacks in the past and the incident that took place in Kandahar province.

The incident took place in Maruf district of southern Kandhar province earlier this week and as per the local officials the incident happened while Afghan and NATO troops while meeting in this district.

In the meantime an Afghan intelligence official speaking on the condition of anonymity said the attack was carried out by a member of the Afghan intelligence, which was also confirmed by NATO-led coalition officials.