General Jens Stoltenberg on Friday vowed NATO’s ensuing support to Afghanistan as its military presence comes to an end in the country.

In a dialogue session with Emmanuel Macron (French President), Stoltenberg indicated that NATO’s future aids to Afghanistan will be based on “three main pillars”.

“As we end our military presence, we are opening a new chapter. NATO’s future support will have three main pillars,” Stoltenberg said.

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization further elaborated that these would include capacity building to support institutions and maintain funding of Afghan National Defense and Security Forces, funding provision of services including support for Kabul airport, and training Afghan military personnel beyond the country’s borders.

Stoltenberg hinted that “first, we plan to provide advice and capacity support to Afghan security institutions, as well as continued financial support to the Afghan security forces.”

Second NATO allies are making plans on the provision of military education and training to the ANDSF outside Afghanistan, especially focusing on Special Operations Forces.

NATO’s General Secretary added that the final stage includes plans to “fund the provision of services, including support for the functioning of Kabul airport”.

Stoltenberg mentioned that these pillars of support will enable NATO and its allies to continue to help Afghans and contribute to efforts in the peace process.

This comes as Jalriz district in Maidan Wardak province completely including the district’s police HQ fell to the Taliban following heavy clashes for three consecutive days, officially reported to media.

Reports indicated that some government forces were also captured during the skirmish and there are reports of some missing in action.

At least seven security force members were also said to have been killed while fighting to secure Afghanistan and its values.

The district was reportedly surrounded by the Taliban for the last two years, concerns were raised as to why the government has not taken action to help the district hold against heavy clashes in the past three days.

Taliban also has set the district compound and a clinic on fire.

Meanwhile, the Ministry of Defense in a statement said that an operation has been launched to clear the Jalriz district of militant influence.

According to the statement the military’s air and ground operations have begun at around 1:45 pm local time.

According to the ministry, at least 10 militants have so far been killed during Afghan Air Force airstrikes, and that the operation will continue until the government retakes the entire district.

As yet a motorcycle and some number of weapons and ammunition belonging to the Taliban were destroyed, MoD’s statement claimed.

A day before Eid-ul-Fitr Taliban captured Nirkh district in Maidan Wardak, consequently on Thursday Laghman’s Dawlat Shah district fell to the Taliban.

Jalriz is located about 62 Km southwest of Kabul city, the capital of Afghanistan.

Moreover, in a Taliban attack on Nawur district of Ghazni province two civilian were killed, local media reported.

Violence in Afghanistan has raged despite efforts for peace, violence resumed just after Eid’s truce ended and over 18 provinces faced heavy battles.