Saturday, February 4, 2023

NATO extends condolences on civilian casualties in Kapisa

Immigration News

Ahmad Shah Ghanizada
Ahmad Shah Ghanizadahttps://www.khaama.com
Ahmadshah Ghanizada is the deputy editor in chief for The Khaama Press Agency who manages and overlooks the English edition.

NATO expressed “deep regret” Wednesday following a coalition airstrike that killed eight Afghan youths last week.

International Security Assistance Force officials on Wednesday confirmed the death of civilians and said they were mistakenly assumed as militants and were killed during the air raid.

Gen. John R. Allen, ISAF commander, has expressed his sincere condolences on the loss of life, to the families and local community.
Gen. Allen said, “My command’s mission is to protect the civilian people of Afghanistan.”

He also said, “I take very seriously the loss of every Afghan life. We will continue to do all we can to ensure the safety of the Afghan population.”

Afghan President Hamid Karzai strongly condemned the strike last week.

Civilian deaths as a result of action by the NATO-led international coalition have long caused anger in Afghanistan, adding pressure on international forces to withdraw.

In the meantime United Nations following a report recently expressed concerns for the growth of civilians casualties by 17% in 2011.

- Advertisement -

More articles

1 COMMENT

  1. I would like to offer you my condolences. I can understand your frustrations and pains in your heart with this world and why we should have hope because I used to feel the same way. But keep in mind that God is always there to keep us going and He will never leave us especially in times like this.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
Captcha verification failed!
CAPTCHA user score failed. Please contact us!

- Advertisement -

The World News