The commander of the NATO-led Resolute Support Mission and the US forces in Afghanistan Gen. John Nicholson reaffirmed the alliance’s support to Afghanistan in eradicating terrorism after yesterday’s deadly attack in the capital.

“We want to express our deepest sympathies to the families and friends of the young Afghan students martyred and wounded in the horrific attack today at the educational center in Kabul,” Gen. Nicholson said in a statement.

He said “This type of evil is incomprehensible. We will continue to serve alongside the Afghan National Defense and Security Forces to eradicate these enemies as we strive for the peace and security that the Afghan people deserve.”

The death toll from last evening’s deadly suicide attack has climbed to at least 48 people, the Ministry of Public Health officials said.

The officials further added at least 67 people who have sustained injuries in the attack, have also been shifted to the hospitals for the treatment.

The incident took place on Wednesday evening in the West of Kabul city in Dasht Barchi area after a suicide bomber targeted an education center.

 No individual or group has so far claimed responsibility behind the attack so far.

Author

  • Khaama Press

    The Khaama Press News Agency is the leading and largest English news service for Afghanistan with over 3 million hits a month. Independent authors/columnists and experts are welcome to contribute stories, opinions and editorials. Send stories to [email protected]