Deputy provincial governor Mohammad Ali Ahmadi confirming the report said the incident took place due to an electric short circuit inside a shop in the market.
Mr. Ahmadi further added around 100 shops caught fire following the incident.
He also said that the Afghan fire fighting department has arrived in the area however the fire seems to be enormous to be controlled.
Deputy provincial governor Mohammad Ali Ahmadi warned that the local exchange market was threatened by the fire which is located near the burning market.
He said Afghan security forces and coalition security forces have also been asked to assist the Afghan fire fighters.