Interior Ministry on Sunday said, at least 243 civilians including women and children were killed and injured in the past 10 days during Taliban attacks and IED blasts.
According to the ministry Taliban carried out six suicide bombing attacks and detonated 62 landmines in which civilians including women and children were killed and financial losses were inflicted on the public and the government.
The ministry added at least 63 civilians were killed and further 180 others were wounded in the Taliban attacks.
MoI blamed the Taliban for the escalated violence, and in response, Afghan national defense and security forces killed key Taliban commanders and members in separate operations.
Taliban spokesman, Zabiullah Mujahid, refused the allegations.
Afghanistan’s Independent Human Rights Commission (AIHRC) last week said that 79 civilians had been killed and wounded in 12 separate security incidents in Farah, Parwan, Nangarhar, and Kandahar provinces.
The watchdog stated that 39 civilians were killed and 40 others were wounded, among the killed were four women and eight children.
The current figures by AIHRC indicates that 17 children are among the injured civilians.
AIHRC blamed Taliban and unidentified militants for causing civilian casualties.