The Ministry of Defense of Afghanistan (MoD) said Wednesday that the latest artillery and airstrikes left at least 16 militants dead.
The source further added that at least 11 militants also sustained injuries and their five motorcycles along with some weapons and munitions were destroyed.
The 209th Shaheen Corps of the Afghan military in the North had said earlier that the artillery and airstrike have left at least six militants dead while six others have sustained injuries.
The anti-government armed militant groups including Taliban militants have not commented regarding the report so far.
The latest operations have apparently been carried out in response to the coordinated attacks launched by the militants at the end of a three day ceasefire announced by the Taliban during the Eid days.
The violence continue in some restive parts of the country despite the government extended the ceasefire for another ten days.