The Afghan government lashed out at Taliban chief negotiator for his recent remarks in Moscow saying the Afghan armed forces are waiting for Sher Abbas Stanikzai and his comrades to return to Afghanistan.

Presidential spokesperson Sediq Sediqqi said in a Twitter post that the ‘Taliban, this time raised their voice from Moscow and said they will continue to the killings of Afghans’.

Sediqqi further added that the Afghan security forces are waiting for the return of Mr. Stanikzai and his comrades from Qatar and Moscow for the sake of war in Afghanistan.

This comes as Stanikzai had earlier said that the group is prepared to fight for another hundred years.

He made the remarks during an interview with Russia’s RT after visiting Moscow with several other Taliban leaders in the aftermath of the cancellation of peace talks by U.S. President Donald Trump.

Meanwhile, Stanikzai said “Our stance is that there is no solution to the conflict except negotiations and except peace on the table.”

Stanikzai further added “We hope that Mr. Trump rethinks his announcement and comes back to where we were.”

President Trump called off peace talks with Taliban last Sunday after the group claimed a series of deadly attacks in Kabul which killed many people including an American service member.

Author

  • Khaama Press

    The Khaama Press News Agency is the leading and largest English news service for Afghanistan with over 3 million hits a month.Independent authors/columnists and experts are welcomed to contribute stories, opinions and editorials. Send stories to news@khaama.com.