Saturday, April 20, 2024

Jeddah suicide attack was carried out by a Pakistani man: Saudi officials

Immigration News

Khaama Press
Khaama Presshttps://www.khaama.com
Khaama Press is a Kabul-based independent and non-political news organization established in 2010.

Pakistani suicide bomber Saudi ArabiaThe suicide attack in Jeddah city of Saudi Arabia was carried out by a Pakistani man, the Saudi officials have said.

According to the authorities, the attacker was a 34-year-old Pakistani driver named Abdullah Qalzar Khan, who lived with his wife and family in the city.

The suicide bomber detonated his explosives near the US Consulate in Jeddah city, leaving at least two people wounded.

An official of the U.S. State Department has told Reuters that no American citizens or consulate staff were hurt in the Jeddah blast. He said the United States was aware of reports of explosions in Qatif and Medina and would monitor the situation closely.

He said the State Department encouraged U.S. citizens in Saudi Arabia “to be aware of their surroundings, and keep security and situational awareness levels high.”

The attack near US Consulate followed two more bombings in Medina and Qatif cities killing four security officials at the security headquarters of Masjid Al-Nabawi.

No group has so far claimed responsibility behindd the attacks but the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) terrorist group has carried out a series of bombing and shooting attacks in Saudi Arabia since mid-2014 that have killed scores of people, mostly members of the Shi’ite Muslim minority and security services.

- Advertisement -

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
Captcha verification failed!
CAPTCHA user score failed. Please contact us!

- Advertisement -

The World News