January 19, 2018
Advertisement

ISIS suffer casualties during clashes with the Afghan forces in Nangarhar

By Khaama Press - Mon Dec 11 2017, 2:45 pm

Militants affiliated with the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) terrorist group suffered casualties during the clashes with the Afghan security forces in eastern Nangarhar province of Afghanistan.

The provincial government media office in a statement said an armed clash erupted among the Afghan forces and ISIS militants in Khogyani district soon after Silab-4 operations were launched to suppress the militants.

The statement further added that 9 ISIS militants were killed and 4 others were killed during the clashes while 5 villages have been cleared from the presence of the militants.

According to Nangarhar government, the Afghan security forces have also confiscated some weapons, ammunition, and explosives during the operations.

The anti-government armed militant groups including ISIS militants have not commented regarding the report so far.

Nangrhar has witnessed relative calmness since the Taliban group regime was toppled down but certain districts of the province have started to witness growing insurgency activities during the recent years.

Both the Taliban insurgents and militants affiliated with the Islamic State terror group are attempting to expand their foothold in this province although operations are underway to suppress their activities.

The provincial government in a separate statement said at least three ISIS militants were killed in an airstrike conducted by the US forces in eastern Nangarhar province of Afghanistan.

The statement further added that airstrike was carried out in the vicinity of Haska Mina district on Saturday.

Follow The Khaama Press News Agency on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook. Stay updated via RSS

Leave a Reply

Advertisement