The provincial government media office in a statement said the clash took place in the vicinity of Haska Mina district on Saturday.
The statement further added that six ISIS militants were killed and two others were wounded during the clash.
According to Nangarhar governor’s office, the police forces and local residents in the area did not suffer any casualty during the clash.
The anti-government armed militant and terrorist groups including ISIS insurgents have not commented regarding the report so far.
This comes as at least three militants affiliated with the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) terrorist group were killed in the latest US drone strikes in this province last week.
The 201st Silab Corps of the Afghan Military in the East said Wednesday that the latest airstrikes were carried out in the vicinity of Haska Mina district.
The source further added that the ISIS hideouts were targeted during the latest airstrikes and as a result one militant was also wounded.
Provincial government media office in a statement confirmed that the militants killed during the airstrikes, originally hailed from Uzbekistan.