September 23, 2018

ISIS claims deadly bombings in Kabul that left scores dead, wounded

By Khaama Press - Thu Sep 06 2018, 9:44 am

The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria Khurasan (ISIS-K), the offshoot of ISIL terror group in Afghanistan, has claimed responsibility behind the deadly bombings in Kabul that left scores of people dead or wounded.

The group in a statement said the first attack was carried out by a suicide bomber named Sabir al-Khurasani while the second attack was carried out using a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device targeting the gathering of people, including journalists.

The group also claims that the attack has left more than 150 people dead or wounded.

Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid in a statement had earlier said the group has no links with the recent attack in Kabul city, claiming that Taliban strongly condemns attack on ordinary civilians.

The security officials and the Ministry of Public Health say the death toll from the back to back explosions in Dasht Barchi area has reached to at least 21 people.

The first explosion took place at around 6pm local time after a suicide bomber detonated his explosives inside a wrestling club.

The second blast took place almost 40 minutes after people had gathered in the area to help the victims.

The officials are saying that the two back to back explosions have also left more than 70 people wounded.

Follow The Khaama Press News Agency on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook. Stay updated via RSS

Leave a Reply

Advertisement
Tags: , , ,