gulbuddin-hekmatyarThe Hezb-e-Islami Afghanistan has demanded removal of Gulbuddin Hekmatyar from the blacklist of the United Nations and United States blacklist in a bid to join peace process.

The delegation of Hezb-e-Islami led by Ghairat Baheer have said they have put forward the party’s 25 conditions to Afghan government to join peace process, including the removal of Hekmatyar’s name from the blacklist.

Hekmatyar’s name was included in the blacklist by the United Nations Security Council in 2003 for having links with the al-Qaeda terrorist network leader Osama bin Laden.

Meanwhile, Baheer said the party has also demanded the removal of the other leaders name from the blacklist, including Abdullah Nowbahar and Abdul Saboor.

The two leaders were added to the list of Specially Designated Global Terrorists by the United States of America earlier in the month of March.

According to US State Department, the designations blocks all property subject to U.S. jurisdiction in which Abdullah Nowbahar and Abdul Saboor have any interest and prohibits U.S. persons from engaging in any transactions with Nowbahar and Saboor.

The State Department said both Abdullah Nowbahar and Abdul Saboor are explosive experts for Hezb-e-Islami Gulbuddin (HIG) and participated in the September 18, 2012 attack on a bus carrying foreign employees of Kabul International Airport that killed 12 people.

The delegation of Hezb-e-Islami arrived for peace talks with the Afghan government in mid March following the conclusion of Quadrilateral Coordination Group (QCG) meeting on Afghan peace process.

The QCG members, including Afghanistan, Pakistan, United States and China called on militant groups to join peace talks with the Afghan government in a bid to end the ongoing violence in the country.