The first Afghan vice President Gen. Abdul Rashid Dostum said Friday he is personally ready to go to the front line to fight the Taliban militants if the insurgency activities by the Taliban group persist.
During a trip to northern Faryab province of Afghanistan on the occasion of first day of Eid al-Fitr, Gen. Dostum promised to stand with the people of Faryab amid ongoing violence by the insurgents.
He said the previous policies of the Taliban group is not acceptable and emphasized that he is hopeful regarding the ongoing peace efforts by the government.
This comes as the acting provincial governor for northern Balkh province of Afghanistan Ata Mohammad Noor said Friday that joint operations will be launched to clear northern parts of the country from the militants.
Speaking during a ceremony to mark the first day of Eid al-Fitr in Mazar-e-Sharif city, Noor said the operations would be launched based on an agreement reached with First Vice President Gen. Abdul Rashid Dostum and Second Deputy CEO Haji Mohammad Mohaqiq.
The Taliban-led insurgency has been rampant since the group launched its summer offensive earlier this year and since then launched numerous deadly attacks across the country including capital Kabul.
At least six policemen and three civilians were killed and several others were injured during the first day of Eid al-Fitr in western Herat and northern Balkh province of Afghanistan.