Four NATO members tested positive for cOVID-19 in Afghanistan, the Resolute Support Mission office in Kabul confirmed.
Four Resolute Support servicemembers have tested positive for #COVID19. We are closely monitoring & adjusting so we can protect our force— while protecting the national interests of #NATO Allies and partners here in Afghanistan,the Resolute Support office tweeted on Tuesday.
The service members were newly-arrived in the country and were in a precautionary screening facility when they became symptomatic, were moved to isolation, and were tested, the RS office said.
According to RS, the NATO office in Afghanistan have taken the necessary precautions to identify and quarantine any personnel these four service members may have been in contact with.
This comes as the Afganistan Health Minister urged Afghan citizens to get isolated at homes and do not come out until they are in need.
The Minister of Public Health Ferozuddin Feroz has warned that the coronavirus (COVID-19) could killed 110,000 people amid growing positive cases across the country.
Speaking to reporters in Kabul city, Feroz said the estimates also show that the disease could spread among 80 percent of the population of Afghanistan.
Feroz further added that the Ministry of Public Health has so far recorded 42 positive cases of coronavirus across Afghanistan.
Meanwhile, Feroz emphasized on joint efforts to prevent the outbreak of the disease, warning that Afghanistan could turn into another Wuhan or Qom city, if necessary precautions were not taken.
In other parts of his speech, Feroz said the Ministry of Public will a lock down and curfew in Herat province with the help of the relevant authorities, with effect from tomorrow.