Explosion kill 8 Afghan civilians in Zabul province

0
441

roadside blast ZabulAt least eight Afghan civilians were killed following a roadside bomb explosion in southern Zabul province of Afghanistan on Friday.

Provincial police chief, Ghulam Sakhi Rogh Lewanai confirming the report said the victims of the incident include four women, two children an old man.

He said the incident took place near Qalar city after the vehicle of the civilians struck with a roadside bomb.

Deputy provincial governor, Mohammad Jan Rasulyar said the victims belong to the same family and were on their way to Qalat city when the incident took place.

No group including the Taliban militants has so far claimed responsibility behind the incident. Mr. Rasulyar blamed Taliban militants for the incident.

Zabul is among the restive provinces in southern Afghanistan where Taliban militants are operating in a number if it’s districts.

Taliban fighters frequently use improvised explosive device (IED) to target Afghan and coalition security forces which normally lead to civilian casualties.

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here