There are no reports regarding the casualties however local residents said that it was a powerful explosion.
In the meantime provincial security chief Mohammad Yaqoob said at least 5 members of a family were killed after their vehicle struck with a mine in Sabari district.
The incident took place around 9 am local time and reports suggest that women and children are also among those killed following the blast.
No group including the Taliban militants has so far claimed responsibility behind the incident.
This comes as an Afghan woman was killed and 10 others were injured following an explosion in eastern Khost city on Saturday.
Khost province is a relatively peaceful region in eastern Afghanistan however militants are often carrying out insurgency activities in a number of its districts.