US-drone-aircraft-007According to local authorities in eastern Kunar province of Afghanistan, at least three civilians were killed following a drone strike in this province.

Provincial governor Fazlullah Wahidi said the airstrike was carried out on Wednesday night in a residential area in Manogi district.

Mr. Wahidi further added at least three civilians including two boys and a girl were killed and six others including two women were injured.

In the meantime ISAF denied the allegations and said, “This claim is not true.  ISAF takes allegations of civilian causalities very seriously.  We do not have any operational reporting that supports these allegation that civilians were killed in Kunar province.  Enemies of Afghanistan are the only party to the conflict targeting civilians
and increasing their use of indiscriminant weapons. Enemies of Afghanistan has killed or injured 3,485 Afghan civilians in 2012.”

This comes as civilian casualties has been one of the controversial issues between the Afghan government and international coalition security forces.

Coalition security forces have not commented regarding the incident so far.

Kunar is among the volatile regions in eastern Afghanistan where Taliban militants from Afghanistan and Pakistan are openly operating and carry out insurgency activities.

Author