The local officials in eastern Kunar province say the artillery shelling from the other side of Durand Line on Kunar province continue as dozens of artillery shells landed in three districts of the province late on Tuesday night.
Provincial police spokesman Faridullah Dehqan says three districts of Kunar came under heavy artillery shelling that left at least on person wounded.
Dehqan further added that more than 60 artille shells have been fired on Khas Kunar, Dangam, and Sarkano districts in the latest wave of cross-border shelling.
This comes as the district administrative chief of Dangam Mohammad Rahman Danish said Tuesday that more than 200 rounds of artillery shells landed on Dangam district late on Sunday night.
He said the shelling started late on Sunday night and continued for several hours causing damages to the properties of the local residents.
Danish said the shelling did not incur any casualty to the local residents but some agricultural fields received damages due to the artillery shells impact.
The Afghan security and defense officials in Kabul have not commented regarding the latest shelling so far but provincial governor of Kunar province Wahidullah Kalimzai said last month that the national defense and security forces have received instructions to respond to the cross-border incursions.
He said hundreds of rounds of artillery shells were fired on Kunar province from the other side of the Durand Line and the issue has been repeatedly shared through diplomatic channels.
Kalimzai also claimed that the Afghan forces have started to respond to the shelling and target the areas from where the shelling takes place.