In a statement released on the occasion of Eid ul Fitr, Gen. Dostum said he welcomes the announcement of ceasefire by parties involved in the conflict, calling it an unprecedented move as the country faces violence and conflict for the past 40 years.
Gen. Dostum declared all out support for any move and step that results into the reduction of violence and halts the ongoing conflict.
However, he expressed concerns regarding the attacks carried out by the militants in the aftermath of the ceasefire declared by the government.
He said several people lost their lives during the attacks in a number of provinces, including capital Kabul, and urged the parties involved in the conflict to respect the ceasefire declaration.
The Taliban group announced earlier on Saturday that the leadership of the group has decided to declared ceasefire during the three days of Eid-ul-Fitr during which no attack will be carried out on Afghan forces.
The announcement by the Taliban group apparently followed the declaration of the ceasefire by the Afghan government.
Earlier on Thursday last week, President Ghani announced a ceasefire with the Taliban group and said the Afghan forces will not conduct offensive operations against the group from 27th of the holy month of Ramadan until the 5th day of Eid.