Officials confirm that the hospital has been closed for undeclared time in re-action to the ransack.
A nurse who did not want to be named is quoted by VOA news as saying that as per the information a U.S. drone strike had targeted an Al-Qaeda commander in Chahardara District of Kundoz province on Thursday.
He says Abu Hazifa the Al-Qaeda commander and four of his men sustained injuries in the air strike.
The nurse further states that it was believed that the Al-Qaeda commander had been brought to the Hospital of the Doctors Without Borders.
According to the source a unit of special force who identified themselves to be from Kandahar arrived and ransacked the hospital.
The source further states that the special force also threatened the hospital staff after which the patients were discharged and the hospital was closed.
The organization Doctors Without Borders has expressed concern over the incident.
Sayed Sarwar Hussaini, spokesman for the provincial police headquarters of Kundoz province confirmed the incident. He said that the raid was not coordinated with Kundoz police.