Dozens dead, wounded in coordinated suicide attack on Gardez mosque
By Khaama Press - Fri Aug 03 2018, 2:33 pm
Provincial governor’s spokesman Abdullah Hasrat put the latest casualties toll at 29 dead and 81 wounded
Deputy interior ministry spokesman Nusrat Rahimi had earlier said the attack was carried out by two suicide bombers and as a result at least 30 people were killed and nearly 60 others sustained injuries.
Provincial police chief Gen. Raz Mohammad Mandozai had earlier said at least twenty people have been killed and around 40 others have sustained injuries in the attack.
However, a provincial council member had said at least 24 people died and nearly 60 others have sustained injuries in the attack.
No individual or group has so far claimed responsibility behind the incident.
Local officials had earlier confirmed the incident and said preliminary reports indicate a suicide attack has taken place inside a mosque.
The officials had also added that a number of people have also been killed or wounded in the attack inside the Imam Zaman mosque.
This is a developing story and will be updated as new information become available.