Sunday, June 23, 2024
Advertisement

Bomb shipment to Israel halted due to concerns about Rafah attack: US Official

Immigration News

Fidel Rahmati
Fidel Rahmatihttps://www.khaama.com
Fidai Rahmati is the editor and content writer for Khaama Press. You may follow him at Twitter @FidelRahmati

A senior American official told the media that last week, Washington halted a bomb shipment for Israel due to concerns about the continuation of a major ground operation in Rafah.

According to the Associated Press, the shipment was supposed to include 1,800 bombs weighing 900 kilograms each and 1,700 bombs weighing 225 kilograms each.

Referring to the operations in Rafah, The Times of Israel quoted a senior Biden administration official saying, “As it seemed that Israeli leaders were approaching a decision-making point on such an operation last month, we started to scrutinize the proposed weapons transfer to Israel, which might be used in Rafah.”

The official emphasized that no final decision has been made regarding this particular shipment and said that other matters are not imminent and relate to the future. He also confirmed that the United States had at least once delayed the delivery of such shipments.

Despite the United Nations and other countries emphasizing not to attack Rafah, the Israeli army has stationed its special forces in the Palestinian section of this passage.

More than half of Gaza’s population of 2.3 million has taken refuge in Rafah.

- Advertisement -

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
Captcha verification failed!
CAPTCHA user score failed. Please contact us!

- Advertisement -

The World News