About Bakhtar Bank
Bakhtar Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Azizi Bank, one of the largest banks in Afghanistan. Azizi Bank, a product of Afghan vision and enterprise, has been promoted by two leading businessmen – Mr. Mirwais Azizi (of the Azizi Hotak Group) and Haji Ali Akbar Zhawandai. Azizi Bank has completed three years of successful operations having established 37 branches all over Afghanistan. It has plans to increase the branches to 50 by the year end. It has a well trained workforce of more than 1000 employees at present. The promoters are committed to build a sound financial institution with a view to offer the utmost safety to the bank’s customers.
Development Bank of Afghanistan (DBA), having 15 branches, became a sick bank and Da Afghanistan Bank (Central Bank of Afghanistan) took over management control of the Bank. Azizi Bank acquired the bank (DBA) from Central Bank of Afghanistan on 8th March 2009 and committed 100% payment to all individuals/public depositors. This acquisition was first of its kind in Afghanistan. The acquisition has not only protected the depositors but also the staff of DBA. Azizi Bank has committed for initial introduction of USD 10 million as Capital. After the acquisition the name of the Bank has been changed to Bakhtar Bank after getting the License from the Central Bank of Afghanistan.
TO EMERGE AS PREMIER BANK OF AFGHANISTAN OFFERING WORLD CLASS COMMERCIAL AND ISLAMIC BANKING BY PURSUING INTERNATIONAL BENCH MARKS IN OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY, ASSET QUALITY AND PROFITABILITY IN A RISK ASSESSED ENVIRONMENT.
TO PLAY A LEADING ROLE IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF AFGHANISTAN BY ADOPTING POLICY OF FINANCIAL INCLUSION, ENCOURAGING SME SECTOR AND ACT AS PREFERRED BANK OF TRADE AND INDUSTRY.
The management of the Bakhtar bank is controlled by representatives of Azizi Bank, and the management is committed to provide latest technology driven banking facilities with good infrastructure and well trained and motivated staff to provide excellent customer service.
The deposit products (Current Account, Savings Fund, and Fixed/Term Deposits) have been designed to encourage the saving habit and offer convenience and reasonable returns. Credit products introduced by the bank take care of the basic requirements and promote enterprise
(Fund-based facilities e.g. Term/Working capital Loans and Non-fund based facilities e.g. Letters of Credit and Financial/Performance Guarantees for Trade and Industry).
Domestic and international remittance facilities are available to account/non-account holders as the bank has a correspondent-banking network with Commerz Bank AG Frankfurt, Germany and other leading global banks. Inward/outward remittance facility is available in various currencies through SWIFT. Special facility for Indian Rupees remittance and Western Union money Transfer Services are available presently through Azizi Bank.
CBS: Core Banking Solution – Any Branch Banking
- Savings/ Current/ Term Deposits in Afghani, USD, Euro
- Money exchange services.
- Collection of Cheques, Instruments, Bills, Documents.
- Local and international remittance facilities.
- Fund-based (Term/Working capital Loans) and Non-fund based facilities e.g. Letters of Credit and Financial/Performance Guarantees for Trade and Industry.
- Fast and Easy transfer of funds through Western Union Money Transfer Services.(Through our Parent Bank)
- Speed Remittance facility to make remittance in Indian Rupees to any Bank A/C in India ( Though our Parent Bank)
- SWIFT remittance facility.
- Internet Banking
- Mobile/SMS Banking
- No charges for opening of accounts
- No account maintenance charges
- Free passbook/statement of account
- Free collection of local cheques
- Zero Balance Salary Accounts
- No charges for deposit/ withdrawal of Foreign Currency
- Nominal Remittances charges
- Network of 16 branches in Kabul & various branches in provinces are coming up shortly and providing Inward/Outward transfers through 37 branches of Azizi Bank all over Afghanistan.
- Internet Banking.
- Mobile/SMS Banking
Coming up facilities:
- ATM Facility
- Islamic Banking Facilities
Address : Head Office & Main Branch, Sherpur Square, Kabul,
Post Box: 11 66, Kabul Mobile: 0776777000, 0799888890, 0700888890,
E-Mail :Your welfare is our Business.
Your success is to achieve our aims.
email@example.com, Websites: www.bakhtarbank.af