The acting provincial governor for northern Balkh province of Afghanistan Ata Mohammad Noor said Friday that joint operations will be launched to clear northern parts of the country from the militants.
Speaking during a ceremony to mark the first day of Eid al-Fitr in Mazar-e-Sharif city, Noor said the operations would be launched based on an agreement reached with First Vice President Gen. Abdul Rashid Dostum and First Deputy CEO Haji Mohammad Mohaqiq.
He also criticized the reconciliation process with the Taliban group and warned that the peace efforts would not yield a positive result if the Afghan people and political parties are not consulted.
Noor is an influential political figure and the leader of Jamiat-a-Islami party of Afghanistan.
This comes as Noor Noor slammed the government for remaining reckless as deadly Taliban attacks continue across the country.
In a statement released by Noor earlier this week following a deadly suicide attack in Khost province and explosion in a mosque in Pul-e-Khumri city this evening which left dozens injured including senior local government officials.
He warned that situation will become out of control soon if the current situation continues and called on security institutions to take immediate actions to improve the security of the country.
This comes as the Taliban-led insurgency has been rampant since the group launched its summer offensive earlier this year and launched numerous attacks across the country including capital Kabul.
At least 33 people were killed and several others were injured after a suicide bomber detonated a Vehicle-borne Improvised Explosive Device (VBIED) near a check post of the Afghan security forces in southeastern Khost province late on Sunday evening.
Another explosion also ripped through a mosque in northern Baghlan province a day after the deadly Khost attack, leaving at least 29 people injured including senior local government officials.