Here’s everything Apple just announced: New MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, M2 chip, iPhone software and more.
Apple’s WWDC is the company’s biggest Apple software announcement of the year. Apple announced iOS 16, its latest software for the iPhone. It also revealed Apple Pay Later, its buy now, pay later product; its new M2 chip, the 13-inch MacBook Pro with M2, the new MacBook Air with M2, macOS Ventura for Macs and more.
Apple CEO Tim Cook kicked off WWDC with a prerecorded presentation featuring executives revealing the latest versions of Apple’s software for iPhone, iPad, Mac and Watch. It also announced two new laptops that run on its new M2 chips, which were also revealed during the keynote, and much more. CNBC covered the announcements live from Cupertino, California, for the first time since the start of the Covid pandemic.
Here’s what Apple has announced:
- New iPhone software, called iOS 16.
- An all-new MacBook Air with the new M2 chip.
- A new 13-inch MacBook Pro with the M2 chip.
- New Mac software, called macOS Ventura.
- New iPad software, called iPadOS 16.
- Apple Pay Later, Apple’s buy now, pay later service.
- New Apple Watch software, called watchOS 9.
- The new Apple M2 chip.