According to Kabul police authorities, a suicide bomber was shot down before reaching its target near the security Checkpoint at Malik Asghar intersection of the second security zone of Kabul.
While targeting the attacker, the suicide bombing exploded as a result, six civilians were killed, and several others were injured, including three Taliban forces, said Kabul police officials.
This came after the blast occurred in front of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul on Monday afternoon, killing two and injuring 12 others.
No one has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
The suicide bombing in the capital city of Kabul exactly came after British General Michael Kurilla said that the Islamic State (Daesh) had a more significant presence in Afghanistan than the previous year, and he claimed that the group would be able to strike American interests in Europe and Asia within six months.
The Taliban authorities have rejected the claims and said it is an exaggeration.
However, the British Foreign Ministry recently released a statement advising citizens to avoid visiting Afghanistan at any cost.
“There is an ongoing and high threat of terrorist attacks throughout Afghanistan, including around the airport. There is a heightened threat of terrorist attacks in or around religious sites and during religious festivals, such as Ramadan. Travel throughout Afghanistan is extremely dangerous, and border crossings may not be open,” the statement said.
Since the Taliban took control of the country, the IS group has strengthened and claimed responsibility for several deadly attacks.