Friday, December 9, 2022

All militants involved in Kabul rocket attack likely eliminated by security forces

Immigration News

Khaama Press
Khaama Presshttps://www.khaama.com
The Khaama Press News Agency is the leading and largest English news service for Afghanistan with over 3 million hits a month. Independent authors/columnists and experts are welcome to contribute stories, opinions and editorials. Send stories to [email protected] or [email protected] Follow Khaama Press on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khaamapress Follow Khaama Press on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/khaama

The Ministry of Interior (MoI) officials are saying that all militants involved in the rocket attack on Kabul city have likely been killed.

MoI spokesman Najib Danish said the attack was likely carried out by three militants using two vehicles loaded with several rockets.

Danish further added that two security personnel have been slightly wounded during the clashes with the militants.

He said the rockets fired by the militants have landed in the 1st, 2nd, 10th, and 16th police districts of the city.

In the meantime, the residents of the 1st police district of the city and eyewitnesses are saying that sporadic gunshots are still heard from the area close to Eidgah mosque.

No individual or group has so far claimed responsibility behind the attack.

The rocket attack was launched at around 9am today as President Mohammad Ashraf Ghani was delivering a speech on the occasion of Eid Al-Adha.

- Advertisement -

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
Captcha verification failed!
CAPTCHA user score failed. Please contact us!

- Advertisement -

The World News