Afghanistan impose travel ban on 4 individuals after Kabul hotel attack
By Khaama Press - Sat Feb 10 2018, 8:46 pm
Sources privy of the development have said that the individuals cannot leave the country based on the travel bans imposed amid ongoing investigations into the incident.
The sources further added that the Attorney General Office of Afghanistan has banned the head and deputy of Kabul-Balkh Security Company along with a foreign national and the head of the Hotel in connection to the incident.
The sources further added that the investigations are still being conducted into the incident and furthe details will be released later.
This comes as a group of armed insurgents launched a coordinated attack on Intercontinental Hotel nearly three weeks ago, sparking a gun battle that lasted for several hours, leaving more than 20 people dead.
The Afghan intelligence chief Masoom Stanikzai had earlier said that five people have been arrested in connection to the incident by the intelligence operatives.
Speaking during a press conference two weeks ago, Stanikzai said one of the individuals involved in the attack has managed to flee the country.
The Taliban group claimed responsibility behind the attack but the Afghan officials are saying that the attack was planned and executed by the Haqqani terrorist network having sanctuaries outside the country.